About us
What's New
Production Facilitation
Location Library
Permits & Forms
Guide to Filming in Hong Kong
Production Directory
Press Releases
Filming in Hong Kong for Overseas Crews
Film Development Fund
Special Effect Licensing Unit
AFCI member
2020-21 Budget The Chief Executive's 2019 Policy Address
Talent List Hong Kong Belt and Road Initiative.Hong Kong
GovHK Youth.gov.hk
A good governance system is vital for CreateHK’s counterparts to help sustain public confidence in CreateHK’s mission to lead, champion and drive the development of the creative economy in Hong Kong. We therefore would like to introduce to you the service of the Corruption Prevention Advisory Service (CPAS). CPAS is a specialised unit in the Corruption Prevention Department of ICAC dedicated to providing tailor-made, free and confidential advice on system control in common business areas such as procurement and staff administration. You could check out its user-friendly web portal by clicking this icon for details of the services and to get timely and useful resources on corruption prevention such as staff code of conduct, corruption prevention guides and tools, case studies, quick tips and red flags. You can also receive regular updates on corruption prevention by subscribing to CPAS e-news at https://cpas.icac.hk/EN/Form/Subscription_Form?cate_id=31 Together, We Fight the Virus!
talent.gov.hk Safeguarding National Security

Home > FAQs > FAQs
  1. FAQs
  2. Filming in Hong Kong for Overseas Crews
  3. Enquiries/Comments

Location Shooting – Immigration and Customs

  • Do I need to apply for an employment visa in order to shoot in Hong Kong?
  • What should I do if I want to shoot in the Mainland of China?
  • What customs procedure will the crew go through when I enter Hong Kong?

Location Shooting – Permits

  • Do I have to apply for a filming permit in order to shoot in Hong Kong?
  • Do I have to apply for a permit to shoot in public places?
  • I wish to use modified firearms and blank ammunition for filming purpose. Do I need to apply for a permit?
  • Where can I find local production people and equipment to help me with the shooting?
  • I have so many questions. I need someone to talk to. Who should I approach?