Location Library

*
Home
About us
What's New
Production Facilitation
Location Library
Image Gallery
Location Database
Permits & Forms
Guide to Filming in Hong Kong
Production Directory
Press Releases
Links
FAQs
*
Film Development Fund
Special Effect Licensing Unit
AFCI member
The 2018-19 Budget 2018 Policy Address Public Consultation
Talent List Hong Kong Belt and Road Initiative.Hong Kong
GovHK Youth.gov.hk



Antiquities and Monuments Office  
136 Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Tsui

How to apply

Antiquities and Monuments Office 00234
*
Antiquities and Monuments Office - 1
Antiquities and Monuments Office - 2
Antiquities and Monuments Office - 3
Antiquities and Monuments Office - 4
Antiquities and Monuments Office - 5
Antiquities and Monuments Office - 6
Antiquities and Monuments Office - 7
Antiquities and Monuments Office - 8
Antiquities and Monuments Office - 9
Antiquities and Monuments Office - 10
Antiquities and Monuments Office - 11
Antiquities and Monuments Office - 12

Characteristics:
The Antiquities and Monuments Office is located at the former Kowloon British School, which is the oldest surviving school building constructed in the past for expatriate kids in Hong Kong.

In 1900, Mr Ho Tung (Sir Robert) donated $15,000 to the government to establish a school in Kowloon. The foundation stone was laid in 1900 by the then Governor, Sir Henry Blake. The building was officially opened in April 1902 as a primary school for some 60 pupils. In mid 1930, it became a secondary school with about 300 students. The school was relocated to Kowloon City in 1936 and renamed King George V School.

The typical Victorian structure was slightly modified to adapt to local climatic conditions with wide verandahs, high ceilings and pitched roofs. Designed by an architectural firm, Palmer and Turner, the school hall occupies the central portion while classrooms and teachers' common rooms are on respective sides.

The building was declared a monument in 1991.

Facilities:
Verandahs, open area, etc

Back to category
BACK
TOP OF PAGE